My Little Dirt Digger

My Little Dirt Digger

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Garden Update

Yesterday was the first rain we've had since I planted the garden. It was nice to have a drizzly day and not have to worry about watering. The downside was having to keep Parker indoors all day because he LOVES to be outside.

Here is a picture from today of the main garden:




This is the third time I've tried to write a germination update. I get almost finished and have to stop Parker from eating something. Today is was a leftover daffodil flower that is apparently poisonous - don't worry I got it out before he swallowed! In any case, my BlogPress app deletes most of my post when my phone gets turned upside down or left on the concrete. Ugh!

5 watermelon sprouts along the fence

2 Shasta daisy sprouts outside our bedroom window

No spinach sprouts

3 squash sprouts

1 asparagus sprout

2 squash sprouts

3 cantaloupe sprouts

6 okra sprouts

3 jelly bean tomato sprouts

1 new potato sprout

Then I also planted some established plants:

3 beefsteak tomato plants

1 red pepper plant

1 zucchini plant

2 different heirloom tomato plants (yes I love fresh tomatoes!)

1 sweet basil plant

Several green onion bunches

1 mint plant in a pot (so it doesn't spread)

And I was lucky enough to already have some herbs from the previous owner:

2 Rosemary plants

Some garlic and chive plants

Some thyme plants

And I think I may have some tarragon and sage.

My next post will be an update of what we currently have blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment